Monday, June 30, 2008

Seattle Eats: Matt's in the Market

Matt's in the Market
94 Pike Street No.32
Seattle, WA 91801
(206) 467-7909




After the Savor Seattle food tour, it was time for lunch. I was not really all that hungry after eating sample after sample during the tour, but I was on vacation so I decided to head to Matt's. I had heard many good things about this place.

I ordered the pan-fried cornmeal-crusted oyster sandwich and tomato soup. The tomato soup has great color no? Usually tomato soup looks like watered down ketchup. It had a robust tomato flavor and a nice acidity to it.


The sandwich was just awesome. The cornmeal crust was crunchy, but the oysters were big, fat, briny and just barely warmed through and provided a texture contrast to the cornmeal. It was perfectly seasoned and the bread was crusty enough to stand up to the rest of the sandwich.



The Pike XXXXX Stout beer was a little more that I should have. That's a 22 oz bottle not your normal 12 oz. It was a touch sweet/sour and lush. I finished the meal, but went into a food coma and took a nice nap.



Tomato soup



Pan-fried cornmeal-crusted oyster sandwich on potato bread, with spicy mayo & shredded lettuce


Matt's in the Market on Urbanspoon